Looking to Grow with us? See below for current opportunities
Harmonic Arts is a fast-growing, family-owned plant medicine company located on Vancouver Island, BC. Our vision and mission is to provide the most impactful products to the healthiest homes through our high-quality formulations, education, and commitment to sustainability. Sharing the healing power of plant medicine is our purpose.
We are committed to supporting the health of people and the planet and social responsibility is at the heart of what we do.
Our Core Values Are:
- Continuous Improvement – We seek to improve ourselves and Harmonic Arts every day. Progress over perfection.
- Listen to Understand – We engage with the aim of true understanding, appreciation, and respect of where others are coming from.
- Heart of the Matter – We find and address the core: issue, reason, or purpose.
- Lean-in – We trust, connect, and participate fully.
- Sustainable Action – We choose actions that are sustainable for us, for Harmonic Arts, and for the planet.
Harmonic Arts is dedicated to encouraging and promoting a supportive, diverse, and inclusive culture to eliminate discrimination throughout the entire workforce. Our aim is to ensure all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity and that our organization is representative of all sections of society.
Part-Time Merchandiser / Demo Rep
We are looking for an amazing individual with a passion for natural health and wellness, and a love for interacting with people and health food store staff in the part-time, independent contractor position of a Merchandiser/Demo Rep in each of the following territories: Vancouver, Calgary.
As the Merchandiser/Demo Rep, you will provide sales support and execution using merchandising techniques and product demonstrations to improve Harmonic Arts’ in-store presence and customer experience using relationship building skills to establish rapport with floor staff, store managers, buyers, and key decision makers. The role entails visiting several stores per day within an assigned geographic territory, using merchandising techniques and activities to improve the in-store presence and help drive sales of each of our products, as well as doing product demos for store promotions and events.
This is a casual, independent contractor style role. That means that you work for yourself and you are contracted by Harmonic Arts to provide specific services for demos and merchandising with a specific scope as agreed upon.
Broad Overview of Scope of Work:
- Act as an independent contractor acting as a Harmonic Arts’ ambassador using relationship building skills to establish rapport with floor staff, store managers, buyers, and key decision makers.
- Conduct in-store merchandising activities such as:
- Improve and maintain shelf appearance/placement
- Ensure proper stock rotation (FIFO) and report on short dated or expired product
- Promotion adherence
- Build displays; restock inventory; secure secondary placements
- Re-order support
- Place shelf talkers, signage, and other marketing materials
- Market intelligence
- Achieve monthly key performance indicators (KPIs) set by sales management.
- Maintain consistent communication with the field sales representative and sales management.
- Product Demonstration events:
- Follow all health and safety protocols for food service.
- Educate customers on products being showcased/sampled.
- Complete reports on sales, inventory, and any other data requested following each demo.
- Keep accurate records of sample product and equipment inventory.
- Expectation is that 90% of your time is spent out visiting stores to do merchandising or demos.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in retail, customer service, or demo rep role.
- Food Safe Certification.
- Highschool graduate or equivalent; nutrition or herbal medicine education an asset.
- Experience in merchandising and/or product demos in CPG an asset.
- Experienced with MS365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, OneDrive/SharePoint).
- Superior customer service skills with excellent follow through.
- Strong product knowledge.
- Superior ability for self-direction and self-motivation.
- Must reside in the geographic region in which the role services.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record and up to date insurance and registration.
- Access to a vehicle in good functioning condition and the willingness to travel within an assigned territory.
- A functioning Smartphone and computer.
- The physical aspects of this job will require being capable of standing for 3-4 hours, lifting up to 40 lbs, and reaching, bending, squatting.
Job type: Independent, Casual Contract, Part-time (appx 20 hrs./week), Remote (2 different regions require service: Vancouver, Calgary).
Compensation: $25/hr plus mileage
Schedule: Flexible schedule, with evening and weekend availability being necessary.
Harmonic Arts is dedicated to encouraging and promoting a supportive, diverse, and inclusive culture to eliminate discrimination throughout the entire workforce. Our aim is to ensure all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity and that our organization is representative of all sections of society. Interested candidates are welcome to apply.
This posting will remain open until the right person is found to work with us. Please email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com