May 29, 2023
Herbs for Energy & Stamina
Looking to power up for your next hike or need a boost for your daily workout? Try these herbs for energy and stamina to fuel you through every adventure.
Is fatigue keeping you from getting the most out of your free time? The stress and overwhelm of busy schedules can leave us craving the comfort of our couches – even when we have the desire to move our bodies. This is where nature’s apothecary comes to our rescue! Whether you’re gearing up for a hike in the mountains or you’re simply looking for more vitality within the day-to-day, find support from these herbs for energy and stamina.
Disclaimer: Please consult your health care practitioner before adding any new herbs to your regimen.
Our Top Herbs for Energy and Stamina
Cordyceps has a rich history of use for increasing endurance. This functional mushroom can fuel all of your activities by boosting cellular energy production, improving vitality, clarity and physical performance (1).
Easily add Cordyceps to your routine in capsule, powder or tincture form.
Rhodiola is a powerful adaptogen. Not only does it help our bodies build resilience to stress, but it supports exercise performance as well. This herbal ally has been shown to improve speed and accuracy while lowering the rate of perceived exertion in athletes (2).
Find Rhodiola in our Adapt Artisan Tea, a grounding blend of adaptogenic herbs and mushrooms that nurture your inner sunshine.
Known as the nectar of the gods, Cacao is packed with an alkaloid called theobromine that provides the body with a boost of energy. Cacao opens the heart and the blood vessels, helping to accelerate the circulation and absorption of nutrients (3).
Cacao is featured in our Activate Elixir.
This superfood has been used for thousands of years for its high nutrient content and energizing effect. Maca is traditionally used by the Indigenous people of the Andes to treat fatigue, strengthen adrenal glands and build resilience to stress (4).
Maca is featured in our Activate Elixir.
Shilajit is another superfood known to revitalize the body and improve physical and mental stamina. This herbal ally is packed with adaptogenic, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that combat fatigue and support adrenal function (5).
Shilajit is featured in our Activate Elixir.
Power Up with Activate
Our Activate Elixir is crafted with a rich blend of mushrooms and herbs to ignite your senses and fuel your adventures. You can enjoy this functional latte hot or iced. Learn how to craft the perfect iced Elixir here.
Reishi and Chaga provide valuable antioxidants and grounding properties while also fortifying the immune system. Activate promotes energy, recovery and adrenal support with the help of Cacao, Maca and Shilajit.
Our Elixirs are good for you, and good for the planet. They feature compostable packaging, and through our partnership with 1% For the Planet, 1% of every Elixir sale is donated directly to the Cumberland Community Forest Society to support forest conservation.
1. Choi, E., Oh, J., & Sung, G. (2020). Beneficial Effect of Cordyceps militaris on Exercise Performance via Promoting Cellular Energy Production. Mycobiology, 48(6), 512–517. https://doi.org/10.1080/12298093.2020.1831135
2. Noreen, E. W., Buckley, J. J., Lewis, S., Brandauer, J., & Stuempfle, K. J. (2013). The Effects of an Acute Dose of Rhodiola rosea on Endurance Exercise Performance. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 27(3), 839–847. https://doi.org/10.1519/jsc.0b013e31825d9799
3. Franco, R., Oñatibia-Astibia, A., & Martínez-Pinilla, E. (2013). Health Benefits of Methylxanthines in Cacao and Chocolate. Nutrients, 5(10), 4159–4173. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu5104159
4. Sanchez, J. M. L., Serrano, Z. A., Durán, J. A., Morales, H. S. G., Álvarez, P. B. M., Mejía, R. M., Estrada, L. F. M. E., & Huerta, E. P. R. (2017). Peruvian Maca and Possible Impact on Fertility. Journal of Nutritional Health & Food Engineering, 6(5).
5. Stohs, S. J., Singh, K., Das, A., Roy, S., & Sen, C. K. (2017). Energy and Health Benefits of Shilajit. In Elsevier eBooks (pp. 187–204). https://doi.org/10.1016/b978-0-12-805413-0.00012-0
Improve focus and memory with Lion's Mane, nature's brain booster! Learn how to support cognitive health and more with this dynamic nootropic.
With so many functional mushroom products on the market, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by options. This blog shares exactly what to look for when buying mushroom supplements to determine the highest quality and potency.